Sr. Technical Product Manager, Platform Operations
Sr. Technical Product Manager, Platform Operations
The Sr. Technical Product Manager, Platform Operations will support the onboarding of new clients & new client requirements to the One platform. This will include both project management of client onboarding and product ownership for new requirements to support client requirements. Project management maximizes automated content fulfillment on the One platform, including operational transition & rollout planning, communications planning & execution, internal & external stakeholder engagement and detailed overall project planning. Product ownership includes product definition & scoping, workflow standardization & optimization, prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and write/accept user stories throughout the software development lifecycle. The Product Manager will work with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior managers and department managers to understand overall business strategy, product features and requirements and prioritize & communicate those requirements to the development team. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
A Day in the Life of this position would include:
• Project Manage client onboarding and initiatives to drive digital supply chain process improvements to successfully and rapidly deploy end to end content fulfillment automation on the One platform.
• Implement global processes and governance to streamline the migration of existing clients and new customers to the Deluxe One Platform
• Define requirements and scope system functionality to enable end to end automation.
• Identify & immediately escalate roadblocks to end to end automation to management for review.
• Interface with key stakeholders, including senior managers, engineering, support, and sales organizations, to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of a complex software product (or product line) at the heart of the company's business within the context of the business strategy & goals
• Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations and is competitive in the marketplace in all regards including user experience
• Perform product demos and evangelize across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy
• Provide feedback and suggestions to management for improved customer satisfaction, process improvements and system enhancements
• Must have ability to make sound judgments when dealing with issues that arise during troubleshooting and have the skills to determine the appropriate action to be taken for a given situation; must be able to prioritize instantly to prevent missed deadlines
What You Bring:
• You have a Bachelors/Masters' in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred
• You bring 5+ years' experience in driving efficiencies and building processes around automation in support of media distribution especially related to one or more of the following areas - digital audio, digital video, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats and/or localization.
• You have extensive understanding of content fulfilment, digital workflows, asset and data management systems/platforms.
• You exhibit overall understanding and knowledge of the video post-production process, media operations, Interoperable Master Format (IMF), Media Asset Management (MAM) and/or digital video deliveries for broadcast & OTT platforms.
• You are competent in one or more of the following areas is preferred – Interoperable Master Format (IMF), data warehousing, Media Asset Management (MAM)
• You demonstrate strong project management skills.
• You have strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• You thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority – strong technical background preferred
• You have excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• You show attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
• You demonstrate positive attitude, ability to maintain professionalism in a high stress situation, and project self as a team player.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.