Senior Systems Administrator
Position: Software Developer
Reports to: Director, Software Development
Location: Toronto, ON
Facility: Deluxe Animation Studios & Stereo D
Term: 1 Year Contract - Potential for permanent
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also animation services through our Deluxe Animation Studios, a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers. Stereo D & Deluxe Animation Studios are wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com).
We are currently seeking a Software Developer with Python experience to join our fantastic Dev team.
This Software Developer will contribute to the creation and maintenance of software applications and innovative pipeline with FLUX. The tools developed are used for asset management, production management for the DFX workflow across multiple international facilities. This Developer will be staffed in the Toronto FLUX Development team and report to the Director of Software Development in Toronto. The DFX Developer will help advance the DFX teams use of FLUX by answering support questions and helping with feature needs and workflows as spec'ed and scheduled by the FLUX Director of Software Development.
• Design, code, and support applications, tools and processes which extend and enhance an innovative pipeline including asset management, production management, and other tools.
• Collaborate with Designers, Developers, and TAs to optimize workflow and tool integration.
• Support production and artist concerns including debugging, troubleshooting and managing fixes.
• Participate in a positive and productive work environment and contribute to collaborative efforts across multiple facilities.
• Python and C++ are musts.
• Good understanding of software development best practices is a must
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Ability to work with a team to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence the development roadmap and take ownership over projects
• B Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of in-depth professional experience in software development
Nice to haves:
• Experience with GUI framework especially Qt.
• Experience with Django a huge plus.
• Relational database design concepts, and experience dealing with large databases an asset.
• Experience with PostgreSQL or any other SQL language a plus.
• Experience with Nuke or Maya a plus.
• Experience developing on MacOS and Linux
• Other tools/technologies: Docker, BDR, Jenkins, NginX
Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture. We value our Stereo D Crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering the amazing movies and television series we work on.
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.