Senior Network Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with 8+ years of Microsoft and Linux experience with a focus on supporting the full stack from cable to code. The individual will assist in supporting the hardware, software, operating systems, storage, backup, monitoring and deployments of code to the different environments such as QA, Staging, and Production, in both cloud and on-premise environments. We are seeking a motivated individual with a broad range of expertise, as well as experience leading a team.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting-edge technology. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
A Day in the Life of this position would include:
• Provide hardware and software support for systems hosting websites and services, at co-location facilities and cloud environments including AWS
• Assist in the governance of cloud infrastructure and utilization, to identify and minimize cost overruns, ensure proper object tracking/tagging, and strengthen security postures
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment, and related peripherals
• Work with automated CM/deployment systems such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef, as well as cloud environment equivalents such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, and SSM
• Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage
• Architect and deploy monitoring solutions that exercise the products' APIs
• Participate in the engineering process for design, build, and management of systems
• Implement security systems and best practices, to protect systems from external and internal compromise
• Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution
• Work with and provide support to developers and other internal stakeholders, to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed
• Maintain systems uptime of 99.99%
What You Bring:
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skillset:
• 8+ years of experience with Microsoft operating systems and related technologies including Active Directory, IIS, DNS, MSSQL, Office products, and automation/imaging technologies
• 6+ years managing Linux systems (Amazon Linux and CentOS variants preferred)
• 5+ years working in a high transaction, 24/7, global-footprint environment
• 5+ years' experience with VMware and virtualization technologies
• 3+ years' experience with maintaining infrastructure within cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
• 3+ years' experience with storage technologies (SAN/NAS) utilizing fiber channel, NFS, or iSCSI
• Solid networking fundamentals required. Must understand VLANs, VPNs, Network Address Translation (NAT), subnetting, routing, and firewall security
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages: PHP, Perl, Unix and Windows shell scripts, PowerShell, Python, or similar
• Experience racking / cabling systems, knowledge of power requirements, and the willingness to travel to and from co-location facilities as needed
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Willingness to work some extended hours and weekends to meet project deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable proficiency with AWS solutions
• Experience working as a lead to a team of systems engineers/administrators
• Administration and use of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk)
• Administration of SSO, MDM, VDI, and certificate management solutions
• Experience working with various video formats, transcoding, and DRM
• Experience administering enterprise content transfer products (Aspera, Signiant)
• Experience administering monitoring products (Solar Winds NPM, Zabbix, Nagios)
• Knowledge of enterprise log collection and metrics products (Splunk, Datadog)
• Knowledge of Cloud, Windows, and Linux database systems (DynamoDB, MSSQL, Postgres)
• Knowledge of large multi-petabyte storage archiving solutions
• Knowledge of system and network performance testing, and capacity planning strategies
• Experience with best practices for change management and code releases
• Ability to document technical information for non-technical audiences
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
About the Company
Deluxe Media Inc., a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.