Senior Software Developer
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Network Engineer will provide technical expertise across the Routing, Switching and Security layers within our data centres and offices whilst working closely with the London based teams as well as global members of Deluxe. They will ensure solutions are delivered according to designs, technical standards and specifications. They will work in collaboration with the other Infrastructure team members as well as the Operations, Development, Broadcast, Creative and Media teams to create detailed designs, implement solutions, document best practices, and provide business as usual (BAU) maintenance and support for the Deluxe Infrastructure (including out-of-hours work).
Overview of responsibilities:
• Manage the day to day operation of network infrastructure, provide BAU maintenance and support, including out-of-hours / on-call support.
• Work collaboratively with the Infrastructure, Development, Broadcast, Creative and Media teams to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions.
• Participate in project work and implement technical solutions including data centre builds, hardware and software upgrades and device configuration.
• Ensure solutions chosen fit within the overall Infrastructure Architecture, management systems framework, and security standards.
• Document standards, best practices, and installation guides; add to the networking knowledge base.
• Intimate involvement with configuration, management and troubleshooting of all network equipment, going above and beyond the call of duty when required.
• Capable of independent decision making based on broad managerial direction.
• Demonstrates problem-solving skills to resolve issues that span technology and culture.
• 5 years' experience as a Network engineer using Cisco and Juniper based devices.
• Strong confidence with routing and WAN technologies such as BGP, VRF's, and OSPF
• Knowledge on with Juniper QFX switches with EVPN and VXLAN
• Confidence using Cisco switches with VSS, Stacking, EVPC, VLAN, FEX and LACP technologies
• Experience with security devices such as Fortinet Fortigates, Cisco ASA's and Juniper SRX's. This will require experience with policy design and changes, offloading, SSL and IPSEC VPN, NAT with DOS and IPS policies.
• Confidence with Juniper EX switches with Virtual Chassis switches
• Have thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using tools such as Wireshark, Iperf, Netflow to analyse and fix faults.
• Configuration and optimisation of QOS
• Experience with multicast technology such as IGMP, PIM and MSDP
• Knowledge on fibre installations, connectors and optics.
• CCNP, equivalent or higher
• Strong troubleshooting experience in a fast-paced working environment.
• Demonstrable use of access control and monitoring skills with AAA, Radius and TACACAS with ACS, and SNMP.
• Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment.
• Some knowledge of ITIL best practice would be beneficial.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.