Senior Systems Administrator
Deluxe Animation Studios is a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers. Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen.
We currently have an opening for a Manager of Production Technology. This position will be located in Toronto, ON.
The Manager of Production Technology is responsible for the overall supervision of the Toronto based technology team. As a senior technical team member, they will be responsible for systems architecture and administration, regional strategic planning, and will also participate in group wide planning efforts in collaboration with other global business units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with production and show supervisors to understand the operational and pipeline priorities of current and upcoming shows and manage the coordination support of those initiatives.
• Establish and enforce best practice infrastructure procedures and drive collaboration between all technical and production teams.
• Guide and coordinate technical operational activities within the facility.
• Develop and maintain system and data configurations and manage backups of all priority infrastructure and data to ensure efficient and dependable redundancy for all critical production resources.
• Standardize and optimize workstation, render, and server deployment, and systems monitoring.
• Work with technology management to understand the longer-term development goals of the group and participate in the development efforts to achieve those goals.
• Keeping up to date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas
relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
• 3+ years experience in managing technology teams within a VFX/Animation environment
• Thorough understanding of VFX or Animation pipeline tools and supporting technologies in a feature or episodic environment.
• Excellent Customer Service and proven communication skills – must be a team player (hard requirement).
• Capacity to address a variety of complex problems with clear focus and concise communication while servicing Production needs within a fast -paced dynamic environment.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of cloud based distributed server/storage and data transport technologies.
• Have a thorough understanding of security practices: (i.e. MPAA, Disney, ISO 27001, TPN).
• 3-5+ years systems engineering experience with IT infrastructure in a STUDIO environment including but not limited to:
• Application servers (hardware, virtual, and hyper-converged infrastructure)
• Network infrastructure (Switches, routers, firewalls, WiFi, VPN)
• Enterpise NAS/SAN data storage systems
• Renderfarms (management and deployment)
• Application Support (Maya, Toon Boom, VRay and/or other studio software)
• Editorial technologies (Quantel, Avid, Premier) and other video transport technologies
• Active Directory or related directory services administration
• Windows, OSX, and Linux platforms
• Scripting capabilities in Python and C++ are preferred
Benefits & Perks:
• We have a great company culture! We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering these amazing projects
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable
• Cereal bar, unlimited oatmeal, unlimited coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.