Technical Project Manager
We currently have an opening for a Product Owner (Localization + Innovation). The Product Owner will be responsible for creating and updating software development feature requests and defining requirements for a forward-thinking end-to-end supply chain product line. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
The Product Owner will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand overall business strategy, product features and requirements, transforming them into user stories and development tickets. They will track and follow-up on action items and contribute to project plans. They will work collaboratively with the product and engineering teams to ensure successful translation of requirements into a high-quality B2B product. They will be responsible for ongoing enhancements of the product or product line. The Product Owner will need to prioritize feature development, manage tradeoffs, track progress and communicate status throughout the software development lifecycle. They'll be asked to provide support when needed. They must be able to effectively and succinctly communicate conceptual features, and information related to those features. They will also draft documentation and release notes related to the product they are managing.
A Day in the Life of this role would encompass the following:
• Work with stakeholders from Deluxe's Localization group, Finance Team and Production teams to define, shape and refine requirements for a B2B Localization supply-chain software product (or product line).
• Define and communicate user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Contribute to product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal sign-off from key stakeholders.
• Create diagrams and/or wireframes to communicate workflows
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria.
• Plan and Run user feedback and testing sessions
• Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release.
• Monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
• Perform product demos across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products.
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, internal sales training materials, demo videos etc.
• Gather information and use to draft presentations based on product vision, goals and timelines
• Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
What You Bring:
• 2-4 years of directly applicable experience as a product or project manager in a software organization preferred or, 2-4 years of experience in localization, working hands-on with localization software.
• Hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Basic understanding of agile processes and methodologies.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues.
• Strong knowledge of web-best practices and ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language, especially highly technical concepts to non-technical people
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think abstractly, outside the box, etc.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to localization, digital audio, digital video, asset management systems/platforms, and multimedia formats.
• Bilingual skills a huge plus.
• Any prior experience with Localization, Dubbing, Subtitling, Video/Audio assets is also a huge plus.
• Bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines preferred: Communication, Computer Programming, Fine Arts/Film, Product Management
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team! We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.