Junior Graphic Artist
Junior Graphic Artist
As Junior Graphic Artist, you will be required to ensure design work is on schedule/conforms with exacting standards of Studio Clients, and execute creative solutions for the major studio's features, episodic and trailers.
About the Team (Digital Cinema)
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
Working within the Digital Effects Department, your role will be in overseeing the scheduling and quality for creation of foreign-versioned titles from initial stages right through to final artwork for the Digital Effects Department. This role reports into the Producer for Digital FX.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Assist in R&D when beginning new DFX projects
• Extensive typographic work, including researching and formulating title design templates and layouts for use within DFX department
• Pre-QC OV data in for trailers/features, requesting resupplies as needed
• QC all DFX deliverables. A/B comparison with OV
• Create and QC PDF proofs/checkers before forwarded to client
• Liaising with Digital Artists and DFX Producer
• Assist Digital Artists as needed per project (including but not limited to Checker Creation, Dub Card Creation, Design and Compositing, File management, etc.)
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures
• Meeting internal schedules and client deadlines
• Maintain internal schedule and tracking of all DFX projects
• Manage and maintain file and folder structure (including but not limited to file and delivery management and preparation, archiving, conversions, graphics collecting, etc.)
• Other duties as prescribed
What You Bring:
• Operational experience in a design agency/post-production environment is ideal
• Strong knowledge of software common to print and graphics industries most notably the Adobe Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Experience with MS Office software suite and basic understanding of VFX and motion graphics
• A strong grasp of typography, identifying fonts and type design
• Operational experience in a Quality Control environment also ideal
• Experience with project management and meeting deadlines
• Passionate about good design with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.