Remote / Virtual
Deluxe Animation Studios is a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers.
We're currently seeking a highly skilled EFX Animator for a 2D Animated feature film. The FX artist in animation is responsible for designing and animating FX in Toon Boom Harmony . This role reports directly to the EFX Supervisor .
• Design and create FX animation for scenes in the style of the film.
• Hand-animate custom FX for scenes in the style of the film.
• Reuse and re-animate stock FX and integrate it into the scene.
• Suggest FX solutions that align with the standards set out by production.
• Alongside the EF X Supervisor, help review shots and apply changes as needed.
• Meet project deadlines as set out by Production.
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Film, Art or equivalent professional work experience .
• Minimum 2 years
of 2 D feature or series animation experience.
• Ability to draw and design in Toon Boom Harmony .
• Strong sense of movement and timing.
• Link to Demo Reel/Portfolio showcasing 2 D Animation work done in recent years.
• Classical/hand drawn animation experience is an asset .
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
• We have a great company culture! We value our c rew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering these amazing projects
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable
• Cereal bar, unlimited oatmeal, unlimited coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.