Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
The Full Stack Developer will define cross-system architecture in coordination with other tech leads. This position is 60% hands on development and 40% tech leading the team. It will partner with managers and architects in the analysis and estimation of future work impacting the team.
This position will coordinate the team of 5+ software engineers to execute technical implementation of multiple software projects.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Manage, design and participate in development of multiple concurrent front-end and server-side software development projects in a fast-paced multitasked environment
• Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive team to successful delivery
• Ensure long term software quality, scalability, and maintainability
• Ensure team follows software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation
• Assist with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production and development systems
What You Bring:
• You graduated with a BS degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/related field or equivalent hands-on experience
• You have experience leading a team of 5+ software engineers, performing code reviews and enforcing best practices
• You work with Docker, composer, Git, Jira, Nginx, php-fpm, apache, Linux
• You possess in-depth knowledge of software development, patterns and architecture
• You are familiar with test-driven design and Agile methodologies
• You have worked with relational databases, and understanding of data architecture
• You have deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services, ability to make technical decision and leverage AWS in architecture (RDS, S3, EC2, ELB, SQS, SNS, SES, OpsWorks, CloudWatch, CloudFront and other)
• You have working knowledge of distributed computing and SOA architectures (REST, JWT)
• You have good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
• You have worked with web application security
• You have deep technical knowledge and experience with following subjects:
• Video/audio containers, codecs
• Image file format specifics and properties
• Media manipulation tools: ffmpeg, mediainfo, sox, mp4box, imagemagick
• Secure Content Streaming with DASH, RTMP, HLS
• File transfers using Aspera, Signiant
• Subtitling file formats internals / requirement
• Closed captioning file formats internals, line 21 stream (CEA-608)
• You are detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
• You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, along with attention to detail and organizational skills
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.