Senior Financial Analyst
The Finance Director will work with divisional (operational) and financial management, department heads and operating personnel to review financial results of operations, analyze KPI's and business trends, identify potential cost savings opportunities, develop and standardize reporting data, evaluate new business opportunities/expansion efforts and provide financial support for client and vendor deal negotiations, develop forecasting and budgeting tools, and create/report on operating and financial metrics. Position will report to the divisional SVP of Finance.
This position is responsible for: financial reporting including appropriate business metrics which relate to financial performance, financial budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis including Capital expense administration and management and ad hoc analysis and duties as assigned (e.g., transitioning finance function of acquired companies).
The position will partner with Business Unit Directors and Division operating management at all levels in an effort to provide the very best financial analysis support and leadership. In addition, this position will assist the SVP Finance, the corporate CFO and the President and affected business units in identifying and developing business unit, global, cross business unit, and cross corporate / business unit financial process improvement strategies.
• Facilitating forecasting and budgeting across all operational departments
• Liaise with international Finance counterparts to generate consistency and meaningful consolidated worldwide data
• Provide local staff with accurate and timely information and support such as cost analysis and justifications, monthly financial reports, business unit variance reporting, analysis of actual versus budget performance, generation of analytical reports at the business unit (BU) and departmental level
• Interface with Corporate Finance staff to provide accurate and timely reporting as required
• Review and analysis of P&L's with operating management personnel
• Ongoing analysis of subcontracted vendor spending, including intercompany activity
• Identify and help to implement vendor cost control opportunities, invoice approval, rate negotiations
• Facilitate weekly and monthly metrics tracking/reporting
• Involvement in client deals, RFI's, RFP's and new business opportunity negotiations from a financial perspective, including financial modeling
• Management and dashboard reporting of business metrics (monthly management reports, periodic reports on vendor spend, resource utilization, product mix, customer mix, project volumes, etc.)
• Assist in the development of financial models and pricing for client proposals, new business and product initiatives, and capital expenditures
• Management of AFE capital expenditure process, from development of proposals to preparation of submissions, budgeting, and ownership of the approval flows
• Analyze and develop opportunities for business expansion
• Ongoing analysis and data standardization of financial and non-financial systems, including recommendations for improvements and/or replacements
• Rate card management, coordination, and review
• Oversee billing (Order to Cash) processes, including operational activities through invoicing efforts, building automation where possible, reducing unbilled volumes and accelerating cycle time (order completion to invoicing)
• Perform special projects and prepare ad-hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management
What You Bring
• The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill sets:
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required
• MBA and/or CPA preferred
• In-depth knowledge of accounting, including GAAP
• Significant experience with and understanding of Localization businesses
• Minimum 10-15 years of Finance/Accounting experience at an advanced level
• Good decision making and problem-solving skills, with the ability to be innovative and creative in resolving issues and improving processes
• SAP accounting software experience and familiarity
• Familiarity with/experience using Xytech, Filemaker, DL3, OMS, 4D and other post-production software packages
• SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) or similar consolidation software experience required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; experience with database and web applications preferred
• Proficient in all standard PC applications, specifically intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, including mastery using pivot tables, functions, formulas, and graphs
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with different personality styles and build relationships; must possess confidence in communication style, as position will interact with various levels of management, executives and third parties
• Ability to prioritize, organize and plan well in order to meet deadlines
• Can work independently acting as primary owner of individual projects, analysis and process while also working cross-functionally outside immediate work group and as part of a team
• Comfortable working in a demanding fast-paced environment, taking on new tasks with high levels of difficulty
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1o8y-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.