Data I / O Technician
Data I/O Technician
A Data/I/O Technician's principle responsibility consists of managing content for DTDC, assuring all security protocols are followed and the data deliverables are accurate.
DCPs and source elements are ingested so any department or other personnel have access to them to perform their duties. After completion of assignments, the Data Technician verifies the accurate return, creates a backup, and delivers it to the designated destinations (clients, theaters, etc.). The Data Technician also troubleshoots technical issues regarding SAN, OS, drives, transfers and escalates the issues to all appropriate parties when necessary.
A Day in the Life of this role includes:
• Manage all incoming and outgoing data
• SAN clean-up and archiving
• Ensure security protocols are followed
• Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
What You Bring:
• Willingness to work overtime and weekends.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and tasks and prioritize work; works well under pressure
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows (including reading, writing, browsing, safely deleting, organizing, running scripts, and troubleshooting)
• Comfortable with Unix command line
• Understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment; Can minimally assist Engineering with troubleshooting
• Experience using multiple types of physical media (including how to mount them in all environments, troubleshoot issues, understand/articulate transfer speed capabilities)
• Ability to pick up new workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing technology
• Experience with and understanding of electronic delivery services (Aspera products, Signiant products, etc.)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows, standards, and mastering tools
• Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with Security in a Production/Distribution environment.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.