Cinema Projection Systems Engineer
Deluxe Cinema Projection Systems Engineer
We are looking for a motivated team member to join us for an exciting and rewarding position fulfilling 'behind-the-curtain' roles and responsibilities centered around projection, audio, and other Quality Control (QC) systems.
The QC Engineer is primarily responsible for the design, buildout, calibration, maintenance, and support of all QC systems. Their primary focus will be on maintaining the operational readiness of projection, audio, and auxiliary systems for the QC department. They will be closely involved in managing and refining operational workflows, procedures, and schedules. They will be expected to build a deep understanding of current and new potential presentation and QC operations systems to assist in QC and theatrical presentation development projects. This role may also have some responsibilities architecting, installing, and maintaining mastering suites/production bays and other audio/video related mastering systems.
• Calibrate projection and audio systems
• Configure, upgrade, and maintain projection, audio, and auxiliary QC systems
• Provide recommendations for system, application, and operational process and schedule changes
• Research, evaluate, install, configure, and assist in the development of new QC tools
• Technically document all research, testing, setup/configuration and assist with end user training
• Provide technical support for QC on projection, audio, and auxiliary QC systems
• Work closely with operations, project management, application development and support, security, and other engineering teams
• Provide subject matter expertise to internal teams for QC and theatrical presentation systems and processes
• BS in engineering, computer science or another technical field OR 2 Years Projection, System Engineering, or System Administration experience
• Excellent Problem Solver
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works well with others
• Flexible to work overtime, and weekends as needed
• A ''can-do'' attitude, with the ability to energize and work with multi-functional teams is required
• Must be able to work independently in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask with attention to detail
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• Knowledge of IP Networking
• Experience with Active Directory management
• AWS Associate Certification
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema Package Structure
• Programming experience
• Technical documentation and training experience
About Deluxe Media Inc.
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Media Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies. We offer complete film and digital solutions for post-production, major studio and independent theatrical release, broadcast, home entertainment, archiving and asset management. Deluxe operates facilities in major film, video, and digital production markets around the world.
About the Business Unit: Deluxe Cinema
Deluxe Cinema is responsible for the mastering and distribution of all digital content to theaters on behalf of major cinema studio clients. These responsibilities are inclusive of a variety of content services including digital cinema mastering, 2D and 3D subtitling, format validation, and social media transcoding and fulfillment. The group also manages both electronically and physically for digital cinema and non-digital cinema asset to theaters. The group is also responsible for a variety delivery support functions such asset tracking, delivery network management, digital cinema key management and distribution, and a 24/365 exhibitor support call center. The group's goal is to advance technology within the theatrical content mastering and delivery space to stay ahead of our client's ever evolving distribution needs.
This role is based in Los Angeles, California and the base pay range for this role is $70,000 - $90,000 annually. Actual amounts will vary depending on education, skills, experience, and geographic location.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p29y-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.