Manager, Curation and Metadata
DC Publishing seeks a Manager, Business Development & Analytics for the Finance department.
This manager will partner with business leads to drive strategic development & operating plans in DC Publishing with focuses on b usiness growth strategies, o perating plans and changes to align to DC strategies, and s upport alignment of DC's strategic planning process with operating calendar.
• Strategic Planning
• Partner with DC Publishing business leads to drive strategic planning process to identify, develop, and prioritize DC growth strategies, including: slate, talent, and distribution strategies
• Create analytical framework for strategy development and align with operational calendar
• Business Analytics
• Align timing and process on business analytics performed across Sales, Finance, Biz Dev, and WM research teams. Partner across org to ensure access and visibility on relevant analytics
• Analyze and track macro industry trends including: state of industry, market outlook, competitive information
• Align with Studio & Networks research team on market and consumer insights as inputs to strategy development.
• Build business case for initiatives, including: investment analyses, ROI, risks, and opportunities
• Partner with Finance to develop KPIs with Business Leads.
• Update DCE's overall business plans as required
• Operating Model & Strategy Implementation
• Partner with Business Leads on development of operating model, including
• Alignment on objectives
• Identify impact and plan changes necessary to update processes, and interactions, including systems and resource requirements
• Drive milestone plan to operationalize strategy.
• Update stakeholders and DCE Executives on progress and any risks identified
• May also supervise outside consultants on a project basis
• Minimum 4 years' experience in consulting, strategic planning, and business development
• MBA or comparable consulting firm experience preferred
• Experience with wide range of business case issues preferred
• Entertainment and/or publishing industry experience preferred
• BA/BS degree in Business or related field required, MBA preferred
• Experience with strategic and business planning, and strong presentation skills to elevate analytic insights to actionable decision making by Sr Execs
• Experience with process and workflow studies, with s trong analytical and modeling capabilities
• Strong PowerPoint and Visio, Excel & Word required
• Must be able to develop and implement projects
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally