Coordinator, Social Media (Temporary)
The Coordinator, Social Media is responsible for managing and publishing best-in-class digital content experiences for DC Entertainment under the direction of the Manager, Social Media Strategy. This position is contract to start and will be based in the Los Angeles area. In the meantime, given the circumstances, working remotely under PST (Pacific Standard Time) will be necessary!
This person will coordinate the entire project lifecycle and create high-quality content that engages and entertains our fans while meeting growth and engagement goals. This person will partner with teams in Marketing, Press, Talent, Video Production, and Franchise Management and Development. This position will work closely across various teams (e.g. WarnerMedia Theatrical, Home Entertainment, to name a few) to ensure online content extends the brand, communicates a coherent message in sync with DC initiatives, and drives viewers/engagement across key social platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok) and O&O platforms (DCComics.com, DCUniverseInifinite.com, HBO Max, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of daily publishing experience via CMS (Sprinklr preferred!) for a well-known entertainment or media brand, network, or audience-facing client. Experience collaborating and coordinating with external social agencies also a plus.
• Promote DC Entertainment's content portfolio using engaging social media content, campaigns, and online events
• Build awareness, buzz, and affinity for the DC IP and DC brand on social media
• Serve as the digital media expert for assigned priorities and be responsible for publishing all content onto digital/social platforms around those initiatives
• Craft original content for DC social handles in support for key priorities
• Build partnerships with Marketing, Press, Talent, Video Production, and Franchise Management and Development departments (and other WarnerMedia groups) to leverage all digital resources and assets
• Collect data and evaluate digital and social successes and trends
• Discover new social trends and research audience preferences; evaluate and monitor new technologies in the social space
• Stay current with changes on all social platforms
• Support both the Director and Senior Manager, and the rest of the Social Strategy team, in day-to-day needs
• Bachelor's degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
• At least 2-3 years of experience in social media marketing, community management, and fan engagement at a media/entertainment company, agency, or brand (strong internship experience accepted)
• Pro-active, detail-oriented, and highly organized
• Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem-solving skills; independent learner with lots of curiosity
• Able to prioritize and successfully complete multiple, ongoing projects in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
• Broad knowledge of pop culture, entertainment, media, and associated zeitgeists
• Passionate about exploring new formats on digital/social platforms, particularly with video and other social-native formats!
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to support key events and social activities (e.g. live-tweeting during events, being mindful of timely e-mails)
• Must be able to post and respond to live updates including after-hours tweeting and fan engagement
• Actively involved in the social media space with a proven understanding of how to use social platforms to engage and build audiences
• Proficiency in online tracking/reporting tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights), online content management and publishing systems (e.g. Sprinklr, Khoros, Sprout), and social listening tools (e.g. Listen First, Tubular)
• Strong proficiency with MS Office suite
• Must possess fluency in major social platforms' best practices, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Twitch, as well as working knowledge of secondary platforms (Tumblr, Pinterest, Giphy, Snapchat, Discord), and a keen eye for emerging platforms and trends
• Demonstrable experience identifying and creating socially shareable content that is on-brand
• Must be familiar with the DC brand and associated IP! (strong knowledge specifically with movies and television a plus)
• Great sense of humor and can quickly write culturally relevant, brand-appropriate copy
• Always aware of the latest memes and trends
• Create/sustain positive working relationships with various stakeholders in a matrixed, corporate environment
• Adaptable and can easily shift gears and voice quickly between multiple properties; calm under pressure
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
• Access to reliable, fast-speed internet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mkzj-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.