Writer, CNN Style (6 Months Fixed Term Contract)
CNN Style is the network's home for high-quality, cross-platform editorial covering the worlds of art, beauty, design and fashion from a global perspective. The team is looking for a sharp, digital-savvy writer, based in Asia, with a proven track record of writing strong day-of news and rich feature stories. The position is temporary, for a period of six months.
The writer will work closely with Style editors to pitch and write news and features across the vertical's six subsections, with a particular focus on the APAC region. The role will also involve multimedia content production, as well as researching, fact-checking and sourcing assets.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills and is adept at operating in a fast-paced environment. Command of at least one Asian language is an advantage.
• Pitch compelling and original stories and ideas that adhere to Style's editorial mission
• Write news pieces as well as in-depth features
• Be accountable for the production of assigned content, from sourcing visuals to release
• 3+ years of writing for reputable media outlets
• Firm understanding of regional news and cultural trends in APAC across CNN Style's coverage areas
• Exceptional writing and reporting skills
• Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
• A good eye for strong photography and visuals
• A solid understanding of journalistic ethics
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Command of at least one Asian language is desirable
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8eo7-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.