Your New Role…
The Writer/Producer for CNN This Morning is responsible for producing live interviews on an overnight shift. The position involves conceptualizing, researching and producing segments for television and digital extensions. Duties include pre-interviewing guests, writing intros, selecting sound and producing graphics to support each segment.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show's mission and that copy is urgent
• Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas
• This producer is also expected to write anchor copy and teases for live shows
• The ideal candidate must also work well with talent, anticipate their needs and communicate clearly with the control room
• This producer is expected to pitch compelling and creative story ideas on a regular basis
Qualifications & Experience…
• 3-5 years of production or related experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
• Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas, work well independently and with a team
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• This position requires the employee to work an overnight shift and schedule flexibility to meet the demands of breaking news
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $72,240.00 - $134,160.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzzvm2-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.