WarnerMedia seeks a Writer/Producer for the New Day Weekend department. We are looking for a Writer/Producer to join the CNN Weekend New Day team in Atlanta and work with Boris Sanchez and Christi Paul
• Working closely with the anchor, executive producer and senior producer in pitching, researching, planning, and writing show segments.
• Identifying, producing and organizing elements that spark debate with our panelists.
• Collaborating with newsgathering and research teams.
• Coordinate with the control room team in Atlanta.
• Produce segments in breaking news situations.
• Producing digital & social media projects as needed.
• Helping to research and produce Magic Wall segments.
• Extensive knowledge of politics and current events required; digital experience is a plus.
• Two to five years of broadcast political producing/writing, reporting or newsgathering experience required.
• Political field producing experience a plus.
• Proficient in inews.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent writing and researching skills - style, language, accuracy and balance.
• Ability to think quickly during breaking news and produce segments accordingly.
• A good attitude - eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision - ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter - ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5zp1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.