WarnerMedia seeks a Writer/Producer for the CNN Newsroom Weekend Night department.
The writer/producer is an essential contributor to the NewsRoom Weekday program. This person produces segments and packages that make the show compelling and unique. As a strong writer for the show, the writer/producer contributes to the program's overall excellence by capturing the anchor's voice. As a segment producer, the writer/producer seeks ideas to increase time spent viewing by looking for compelling angles for telling stories, with guest dissucions or other methods. As a field producer and package producer, this individual uses the best information and video to create packages that bring a signature touch to this program. In addition, segment and package ideas will have broad enough appeal to be attractive to other programs and be more cost-efficient. This position is key to maintaining the resources of CNN Weekday PM.
• Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed.
• Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
• Coordinating execution of segments live from control room when needed, to ensure the most effective pursuit of the vision of the segment.
• Handling logistics for production of packages-interviews (both arranging and conducting when necessary),shoots (including finding sites, securing crew and booking travel), video (choosing and/or cutting video and monitoring the editing of the piece as necessary).
• Developing graphics for pieces or entire programs based on theme.
• Writing: pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics.
• Coordinating all elements gathered for packages into coherent, compelling pieces that integrate the best video and the strongest words.
• Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements.
• Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script. Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features.
• Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
• Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw83qj-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.