The Writer is a strong writer who can research and write conversational copy on tight deadlines. This person must be able to manage a fast-changing program and adjust copy to accommodate those changes throughout the day.
The Writer will support a producer's directions and is responsible for formatting scripts, working with the team to find compelling sound and video, and creating strong banners and graphics. This person also writes in-house packages is required to pitch editorial content on a regular basis. The writer will work closely with the anchor, segment producers and bookers to create the program. Must also be able to handle breaking news and turn copy quickly for a live program.
• 3+ years of experience writing in a television newsroom
• A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
• Strong writing skills.
• Experience in live TV production a plus.
• Must have strong editorial skills
• Must be able to generate and execute compelling and creative story ideas
• Must be willing to work evening hours
• Must be flexible and able to work under deadline pressures
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmv64-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.