Your New Role…
The Writer will be responsible for crafting various types of news stories, including voiceovers, package tosses, opens and teases. The candidate should be able to produce high-volume, high-quality copy under deadline pressure. The candidate must have a proven ability to function successfully in the control room and newsroom environments.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Must be able to work with remotely based producers and communicate effectively with Media Operations
• Handle graphics requests and work with Producers on elements for live shots.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
• At least one year of experience as a full-time writer or successful completion of writer training in a CNN newsroom.
• It is important for the candidate to have a thorough understanding and proven experience in handling international stories.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool.
• Must have the flexibility to work different shifts including evenings, overnights and weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gky358-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.