WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
We are seeking a Weekend Live News Editor at CNN. The ideal candidate will love news, the stories behind and around the news, and thinks in creative ways about how to best deliver updates across platforms and devices. This position offers a reporting structure that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks, from TV to digital, newsgathering to visuals and design and product. This position is a Thursday-Sunday, 10-hour shift.
• Produce original news updates around the day's biggest national stories.
• Do original reporting (writing quick posts from live news events, conducting interviews, calling to verify information, etc) but is also curatorial and leveraging CNN's massive reach and presence around the world.
• Work with editors to update existing news stories with the latest information
• Create high-visibility pieces of content that provide valuable and necessary information for our audiences around the world.
• Work across the network to make sure every update you put out has been vetted and is publishable.
• Will copy edit
• As a weekend role, you will be charged with the news agenda during your hours. If something breaks during that time, you will be the one who helps determine how to respond.
• Bachelor degree in Journalism or English highly preferred
• 4+ years relevant work experience; digital writing experience preferred
• Ability to switch gears between several different news events on a given day
• Ability to write quickly and follow our style and standards of news reporting
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj91pw-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.