CNN is seeking an experienced digital editor to lead international weekend coverage in Asia-Pacific.
This is a role for an ambitious digital editor with best-in-class news judgment, excellent communication skills, and a passion for international news.
Based out of CNN's Asia-Pacific headquarters in Hong Kong, the Weekend Editor will work as part of a diverse, highly collaborative team of digital journalists, editing and commissioning the big, important stories of the day with accuracy and speed, while helping to coordinate digital content across platforms.
Reporting to the Executive Editor of CNN Digital Worldwide for the Asia-Pacific region, the Weekend Editor will provide a critical regional link in CNN's 24/7 global news operation, communicating with teams in the US, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa to set editorial priorities, quickly identify needs and ensure standards are upheld.
The successful candidate will thrive in a pressurized deadline-driven environment, editing breaking news and responding in real-time to unexpected developments, as well as commissioning and crafting weekend enterprise features, and devising detailed coverage plans.
This is a role that requires a deep knowledge of international news and current affairs as well as an appetite to dive into new subjects and quickly get up to speed.
What do we need from you?
• A minimum of 6 years of editing experience on leading digital publications
• A proven track record of editing major breaking news; superior news judgement; and the ability to deliver in a highly pressurized, deadline driven environment
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a demonstrable track record of executing detailed digital coverage plans
• Experience producing or participating in long-form distinctive features and/or investigative works
• Experience coordinating between teams and/or across time zones
• A passion for news and a deep knowledge of international affairs
• College degree or equivalent industry experience
• Perfect grasp of written and spoken English
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and a desire to foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqev09-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.