Producer - Inside Politics
WarnerMedia seeks a Video Producer, Newsroom 12pm for the CNN Newsroom Weekday 12PM department.
• The Video Producer is an integral member of a lean, tight-knit show staff.
• He/she will help craft the look of the show by generating impactful visual material for live segments, packages, and teases.
• He/she will be proficient in screening media for the best visual elements as well as editorial sound bites.
• He/she assists in research, compilation, production, and editing of pieces.
• The Video Producer runs video out of the control room and works with editors on taped segments.
• He/she is also responsible for coordinating and ingesting video elements during breaking news.
• The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a love for politics who can generate ideas for guests, questions, and segments, and has the ability to handle an intense and stressful breaking news environment and turn elements around quickly and accurately in the control room.
• May need to work on weekends and/or extended hours due to breaking news.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of two years production experience in the news television industry.
• Must have strong news judgment as well as written, verbal, interpersonal communication, research and production skills.
• Needs strong writing skills, eventually may be called upon to independently write television scripts.
• He/she should have standard knowledge of show production.