Rights and Clearance Manager
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
The CNN Hong Kong based Video Editor has an advanced technical proficiency, and able to support the Hong Kong TechOps department on all aspects of the Hong Kong Television Operations, including editing, studio activity, MCR operation, and CNN Worldwide workflows.
The Editor is an excellent communicator and a technically, lateral thinking, creative problem solver. The editor is an individual who is a reliable and supportive team member but can also work independently. It is a uniquely multi-talented position, combining the skills for both long-form sponsored feature show production, and live, breaking news broadcasting.
The individual must be a creative type that can work to the pressures of edit suite deadlines and is a conscientious peer who can support both the technical and creative calls of his/her peers.
What will you be doing?
Editing: Non-Linear Editing (NLE) platforms and third-party and/or proprietary software to edit all categories of projects, including: Newsgathering (NG) packages, interviews, Voiceover-to-sound (VO/SOTs), promos, sponsored feature shows/packages, corporate sales tools other highly produced segments. The editing process includes the delivery the final edits to playback/client/library.
Live Broadcast: The editor is a member of the HK Operations Dept, and is responsible for the technical output of live production from the HK studios.
Media co-ordination: The ingestion, transcoding and accurate archiving of material on both HK and US media management systems - including the transfer of media assets between in-house and/or global servers.
Special Projects & Responsibilities: The Video Editor is responsible for local and international production projects, including multicamera shoots. International locations are an important component of these projects and the Video Editor may be expected to travel for all aspects, including planning, recces and project execution.
The Video Editor supports a variety of projects ranging from testing equipment, software or workflows, to designing and hosting training programs, to pro-actively building collaborative working practices with Editorial, Engineering and Newsgathering partners.
The Video Editor manages workflows, training and maintenance for specific Hong Kong in-house tools, including the equipment used in the edit suites, control room and studios.
What do we need from you?
• University degree in a media type course or equivalent working experience
• Robust understanding of television production
• Advanced non-linear editing with Premiere Live television/control room experience
• Must work well under pressure, and in a demanding fast paced environment
• Must work well individually and within a team.
• Must be open to change in responsibilities and work schedules
• An understanding and interest in technology is essential.
• Excellent command of the English language; other Asian or foreign languages are very beneficial
• Advanced technical skills and the creative confidence to succeed independently
• High-quality communication and exceptional working practices and acclaimed long-form feature editing experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r02pye-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.