Your New Role…
CNN is hiring a Technical Director (TD) to join the Technical Operations team in New York.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• A CNN TD plays a lead role of the live control room team.
• A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced 24-hour live news environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer.
• Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across CNN's global networks
• Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news
• Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production staff productions
• Ability to offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions
• Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed
• Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area
• Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow throughout CNN networks
• May be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped segment/shows
Qualifications & Experience…
• You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team. Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must: You have technical know-how and strong communications skills.
• That's what it takes to rise to the top of this team
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
• A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented and a willingness to work in other areas as assigned
• Five years of Industry experience technical directing in a live news environment
• Operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field
• Candidate should have a strong interest in current events
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $85,045.00 - $157,941.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9jy54-3-236-207-90-42 in your application.