New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Business Admin Supervisor for the CNN Department.
• This position's main objective is to oversee the day-to-day management of a business administrative team of up to 6 direct reports supporting a diverse group of our Digital clients. This position will be held accountable for the effective business administrative support and scheduling for assigned client group(s).
• This position is the backup to the manager on all personnel and confidential matters, working hand-in-hand with HR, Finance, Travel, Accounting and Legal.
• This position is expected to motivate and lead their team in order to provide exceptional customer service in this constantly-evolving business working with department heads and on-air talent in addition to partnering with areas such as Accounting, Finance, HR, IT, Legal, MyHR, Properties, Travel, etc.
• In addition, this position will partner with Senior Management and other members of the BA management team to collaborate on a regular basis in the overall management of the department.
• The position is responsible for maintaining efficiency, integrity and compliance in the areas of expense management, company policies, procedures, processes, procurement, and administrative business support at all levels.
• This position is required to handle a high volume of confidential and proprietary information.
• Educate clients on established business practices and policy to ensure the company is in compliance (ie - HR, Finance, Accounting).
• Occasional project management is a responsibility of this position.
• As part of these assignments they will set up meetings and agendas using effective meeting management skills, coordinate the resolution of issues and communicate to all appropriate parties.
• Collaboratively help team to identify and manage risk factors for the project.
• Additional responsibilities include but not limited to participating in committees (i.e. Senior Leadership Teams, Properties projects, Employee Councils), as well as handling special projects (i.e. Concur workflow processes and Special Event coverage).
• May be required to travel for field production work.
• Position on call 24/7.
• BA preferred or equivalent education/training/experience.
• 2+ years management experience, leading teams and projects.
• Experience working with Human Resources and policy compliance.
• Seasoned at managing and tracking expenses.
• Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred.
• Field production experience a plus.
• Expertise in Peoplesoft, Newsdesk, Concur, Ariba, a plus.
• News scheduling experience, a plus.
• Leadership - Ability to influence, establish, and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thoughtful leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects and act as a role model for the department.
• Creative, forward thinker.
• Communication / Relationship building skills.
• Effectively interpret and understand client's requirements and needs.
• Ability to build strong working relationships internal and external to the organization, and specifically with top Executives and on-air talent.
• Ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity.
• Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
• Ability to architect and drive change.
• A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment.
• Strong skills in complex problem resolution, time management, decision making, outstanding communication skills, high level of interpersonal skills and integrity, coaching and leadership skills, strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Team player - able to work well independently as well as in collaborative teams.
• Coaching - ability to lead and develop a team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx79v-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.