CNN seeks a Supervising Producer for The Lead with Jake Tapper. The Supervising Producer for The Lead will have broad responsibilities on the show team.
• EDITING & PRODUCTION – Works with Executive Producer and other senior producers on the team on planning all aspects of a program's visual and editorial presentation. Organizing and preparing content so that high-pressure deadlines are met.
• MANAGEMENT - Oversee staff to ensure high level of editorial and production consistency. Create opportunities for the development and growth of staff members in a creative, collaborative environment. Must have strong team-building skills and work well with fellow producers and crew.
• STORY RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & PITCHING - Develop and enterprise story pitches related to news topics of the day and relevant current issues. Read and monitor multiple and diverse sources of information and exchange ideas with previous contacts for possible follow-up stories. Collaborate with host and correspondents on direction and production of stories.
• BREAKING NEWS - Accurate, rapid establishment of facts on a story that is developing. Reporting, coordination with others in network who are working on story, acquisition of live sources, communication with newsgathering desks regionally and nationally, access to a developed network of previously established sources, quick response to booking guests and moving resources to cover overnight breaking stories.
• The successful candidate for this position will have +10 years experience in television news, with at least five years as a show producer at a cable or broadcast network.
• It further requires strong feature and segment production, strong writing skills, extensive control room experience and a thorough understanding of news production.
• Must be a creative thinker who can generate numerous stories under intense deadline pressure and changing circumstances.
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital newsgathering and live remote broadcasting and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require and to travel if needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y3n6-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.