CNN is looking for a supervising producer to run our Washington-based team of reporters, producers and writers who cover the Justice Department, legal and criminal issues and Supreme Court.
• Determine the beat's story priorities for the network each day with an emphasis on enterprise and investigative reporting and storytelling.
• Coordinate with CNN shows, assignment desk and the digital team to make sure the best of the day's reporting is getting showcased.
• Assign producers and correspondents, plan for coverage and meet with the unit to discuss editorial content and elements.
• Approve reporting, scripts and digital stories; coordinates discussion with the legal and standards departments; and view final edited produced packages when possible.
• Oversee live reporting and communicate developments to the network.
• In breaking news, lead your team of reporters and producers to contribute to the network's coverage, vetting sources and information and advising on key developments.
• Work with planning staff to coordinate upcoming coverage of developing stories.
• Lead, coach, and develop the team.
• Other duties as assigned in 24/7 work environment.
• Report to Vice President of News in Washington.
• Extensive experience in editorial decision-making, preferred editorial background in federal agencies, justice and law enforcement.
• Proven ability to work with all levels of management and talent.
• Experience managing a team, preferred 5+ years, and proven ability to build a team.
• Investigative reporting or producing experience.
• College degree (journalism or law degrees preferred).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo996-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.