CNN's Brand Studio, Courageous, is looking for a full-time, New York City-based Supervising Producer to oversee production on best-in-class, custom content campaigns. Campaign production management includes budgeting, scheduling, leading teams and project managing all facets of production from pre-pro, through shoots, design and post. Projects include short and long-form branded content, interactive websites, podcasts, native articles, digital ad products, social content, and occasional trailers, sizzle reels and case studies.
Reporting to Courageous' Head of Production, you will be joining an established, thriving operation, liaising with many individuals and teams within the WarnerMedia Ad Sales organization, including sales and marketing, as well as a Who's Who of blue-chip brand clients and agency partners with meaningful media budgets. Courageous produces bold and relevant work that resonates with the discerning CNN audience; a network available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories, spanning TV, Web, OTT, Social Media, Mobile and Smart Devices and events as well as out-of-home.
In addition to line producing your own projects, the Supervising Producer will train and oversee a team of line producers to ensure they follow company workflow across all video, audio, design & motion graphics projects, while consistently upholding our high production standards when it comes to quality creative, efficient timing and appropriate budgeting.
• Onboarding and training new line producers on company policy, scheduling and budgeting software and process, standards & practices, legal guidelines and general workflow expectations.
• Initiating regular budget reviews and expense reporting to ensure all projects are tracking appropriately. If not, understanding and initiating the escalation process, by demonstrating proactive leadership and senior-level decision-making and communication skills.
• Collaborating with line producers to problem solve creatively as needed – acting as the first line of defense when it comes to balancing creative desires with financial realities.
• Having a voice in critical meetings (internal and external kick-off calls; client pre-production calls; weekly client status calls as needed; treatment reviews; design/graphics overviews) to maintain a working understanding of each project and share relevant updates for all stakeholders.
• Cultivating deep collaboration and holistic integration between video and design creative and production teams.
• Serving as a partner and mentor to line producers – clearly communicating expectations and holding them accountable, while also offering guidance, support, resources, insight and best practices.
• Monitoring and insisting upon clear and efficient communication and collaboration between all line producers, creative teams (directors/writers, post & design) and project management teams, with the goal of maintaining a seamless production experience internally and externally.
• You will also be tasked with line producing your own projects and completing those responsibilities successfully (budget & schedule management & actualization, hiring field crew, overseeing equipment rental and check out, negotiating with and booking talent and participants, permitting and sourcing locations, tracking overall project progress and delivery).
You're a highly organized, disciplined industry vet willing to do the work while also mentoring a team. You have exceptional communication skills, diplomacy, a deep network of crew and a wide variety of production experiences. When you foresee or spot a potential issue, you are unafraid to raise it and identify potential solutions. Your specific skills include:
• 10-12+ years of experience at a production company, network or brand studio
• Extensive experience building and managing budgets and schedules for a wide variety of multimedia in both traditional and innovative/emerging creative formats
• At least 5 years of experience managing and mentoring a team
• Calm, thoughtful, thorough demeanor with topnotch communication skills and positive attitude
• Strong organization skills and the ability to easily understand priorities and plan accordingly
• Previous experience working with clients and understanding brand objectives
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn17n-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.