Digital Video Producer, Espanol
CNN's Video Programming team is responsible for serving our global users world-class video content where ever they are, whenever they like and on whatever device they choose. The Supervising Producer will lead a team of programmers who curate video on all of CNN's owned and operated platforms including web, mobile app, TV app and off-platform partnerships with YouTube, MSN, Yahoo and PlutoTV. This role will work across the organization to develop audience strategies that deliver the best user experience and support the organization's business goals, in partnership with colleagues in product & technology, domestic and international newsgathering, digital video, editorial and television. The Supervising Producer will lead the team each day to deliver the best video experiences on each platform, working with a wealth of video material ranging from custom-produced original video for digital platforms to the best moments from CNN TV. CNN is known for exceptional coverage during breaking news and the Supervising Producer will lead the video programming team through crucial decision-making scenarios in a high-pressure environment. The role will also be expected to develop the leadership skills of their direct reports, with the goal of creating a diverse and high-functioning team.
• Developing a daily video programming plan for multiple platforms.
• Programming content and testing headlines/images for optimal performance.
• Collaborating with network planners to organize programming priorities.
• Partnering with product, tech and design to optimize user experience on all video platforms.
• Managing video programmers to be effective leaders and performers.
• Recruiting diverse voices and talent to video programming.
• Directly manage a team including providing real-time guidance and handle all people aspects such as recruitment, performance management, development, etc.
• 7+ years in a deadline-driven, high-profile digital news environment.
• 2 years experience managing others.
• 4 year college degree preferred.
• Deep knowledge of content optimization and the tools needed to understand audiences.
• Track record of building editorial teams and managing them in a deadline environment.
• Ability to think strategically and implement big-picture ideas.
• Strong news writing and editing skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to execute during breaking new situations.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills.
• Must be willing to work A.M., P.M., overnight and weekend shifts.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.