CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Technical Program Manager for CNN Digital direct to consumer initiatives. Delivery is a key part of the technology team at CNN. We build global technology solutions that scale to millions of customers. We innovate on behalf of customers to delight them and address their pain points.
This role is centred around CNN+ 10-Foot (OTT) app development teams. In this role you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of our 10-Foot (CTV and Set-top Box) apps for certification and ultimately to our users. You will work with the engineering, product, and business teams to ensure we deliver a premium experience to our users. This role will work across the organization to coordinate and gather initial business requirements, align dependencies, work to unblock development teams, and coordinate with our external partners to communicate timelines set by the development teams. We need someone that is capable of developing and executing technical programs composed of many teams with a large scope; that has experience in video platforms, release management and managing cross-dependencies with platforms teams across the organization.
An opportunity to join CNN and help to determine the next generation of video platforms. You will bring both deep technical and program management leadership expertise, proven business acumen and judgment, and the desire to bring clarity to ambiguity.
• Lead high-level program planning sessions with internal business, product and engineering teams to ultimately build out an integrated program schedule for 10-Foot applications.
• Continuously add clarity to the program by working with internal and external business, engineering, and product teams to re-align releases and set expectations.
• Help facilitate the development process by coordinating design, product, and engineering teams.
• Work with cross-functional teams to align objectives, dependencies, and programs.
• Work closely with the Director of Engineering and Product leadership to develop a release strategy for the 10-foot program
• 7 + years of technical program management experience
• 5 + years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience in effectively communicating with a wide range of technical and non-technical job functions within an organization.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills with ability to analyze situations quickly with a strong bias for action.
• Significant experience coordinating cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating organizational release schedules
• Demonstrated experience working with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. business, engineering, product, customers) and getting alignment to a common program objective
• You think critically about delivery, continuously looking for program level risks and proactively developing mitigation strategies to manage them
• A track record of motivating teams, setting attainable goals and driving the teams to the mutually agreed objectives
• Demonstrated experience in hitting release milestones
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field (or equivalent experience in software - degree not requisite)
The Nice To Haves
• Worked with engineering teams to manage and run a well functioning 10-Foot (CTV and/or STB) app program
• You are able to effectively communicate and influence complex program level objective and interdependencies in order to attain your program objectives
• Proven ability to facilitate discussions with engineering and product teams to help identify and isolate program level risks. Bonus points if you are able to contribute to discussions in a meaningful way
• You are comfortable managing teams in a remote work environment
• You have worked in a start-up environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1zze-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.