WarnerMedia seeks a Staff Software Engineer - CNN Digital for the CNN News department.
• Your ability to traverse the full web stack will be an asset to us as we evaluate the tradeoffs inherent in software engineering. We have fun with this everyday: balancing what our users are asking for, our current technical strengths, and what new technologies are emerging and where we want to grow as a team. We hold the ability to choose (or invent) the right tool for the job in high regard and consider it a critical part of our success.
• We work iteratively by synthesizing product, design, and research feedback. We have experience releasing real-time apps to large audiences and welcome your experience making this project a successful one. In this remote world, we deeply value your ability to work independently and allocate time sensibly while communicating with high emotional intelligence.
• We are enriched by the diversity of approach and perspective across our team, and are excited to deepen our understanding with your contributions. The opportunity to put an amazing consumer experience in the hands of a large audience motivates us to move quickly and put our best work forward. If this resonates with you, we look forward to meeting you!
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
• Demonstrated experience working across the full web stack.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• An ability to learn and apply new technologies to improve a product.
• Open to full time remote work.
• Excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn new technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Ability to actively listen and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22jq7-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.