Executive Director, Content Strategy
New York, NY
As a Staff Product Manager of Set Top Boxes, you will be a member of the world class CNN Direct To Consumer Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe. You will work towards a unified vision to deliver delightful and scalable video experiences across web, mobile apps, and streaming devices.
You are passionate about the intersection of streaming video & platform technology in addition to being knowledgable about video consumers and competitors. The right person for this role defines holistic strategies for each step in the customer's lifecycle, empowers their team members to realize their fullest potential, and balances long-term gains with short-term opportunities.
If you are someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, thrives in a cross-collaborative environment, can lead others through ambiguity or changing priorities, and has a steadfast pursuit of improving the customer experience, then this is a great role for you!
• Partner with various stakeholders to help define and determine the Product vision and roadmap.
• Streamline and unify device/partner lifecycle management across the company for TV operators, OTT devices, and OEM device manufacturers (Set Top Boxes), gaming consoles, with an eye on expanding in response to user growth.
• Establish program and product goals, helping to identify and mitigate risks, tracing progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality, and reporting on status.
• Gather, prioritize, and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels.
• Manage and/or facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition and reviews to ensure releases are delivered against company business goals.
• Ensure clear communication and expectations by partnering with Product Strategy and Technology staff, stakeholders, peers, product operations, and multi-disciplinary teams (from technical to creative).
• Define and report on key performance indicators and use data to make sound Product and Business decisions.
• Encourage risk-taking, failing fast, and a launch-learn-iterate approach which leverages and also grows our research insights.
• 8+ years of digital product management/development experience.
• Experience with the full product lifecycle, from initial concept and product discovery to launch and product optimizations post-launch.
• Previous work with external partners and advocating for the best customer experience.
• Understanding of subscription business and operations
• Adept at user-centric design and data-informed decision making.
• Effectively collaborates with engineering and defines technical requirements.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x30z-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.