Your New Role...
The Staff Lighting Director designs and executes studio and remote lighting for CNN. They will perform the daily responsibilities associated with maintaining the image quality of our studio broadcasts and design lighting configurations for associated new/special programming.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Design, direct, and maintain lighting needs for the CNN Newsgroup
• Coordinate the installation and maintenance of lighting equipment at CNN facilities.
• Perform daily studio lighting operations working closely with the Design, Operations, Editorial and Engineering departments to assure the highest visual image standards are being met.
• Closely collaborate with other department members and actively contribute to the overall creative and technical atmosphere of the department and networks.
• Assume responsibility for producing lighting designs in studio and for remote projects when assigned.
• Advise on talent makeup and wardrobe requirements.
• Perform other duties and special projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience...
• College degree or equivalent work experience in television, film, or theatre production with a heavy emphasis in lighting.
• Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in the areas of lighting design, console programming, system maintenance, and event rigging.
• Ability to work with creative people under stringent time pressures and generate creative visual concepts that enhance the production process.
• Ability to work independently, within a team, and take direction from others.
• Excellent computer, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work flexible hours is essential and some travel is required.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3jvo-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.