DC Sr. Producer
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Senior Producer plays a pivotal role for our show team. This person must have exceptionally strong news judgment and decision-making skills and be able to lead the show producers and live broadcast in breaking news situations when required.
The Senior Producer will help generate unique angles and creative ideas for each program, conceive and execute segments, edit questions and segments, and help manage producers closely while working with the show's leadership. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, and flexible candidate with strong multi-tasking skills for our live programs.
The Senior Producer will also work with correspondents on scripts and live shots and assist in planning for the next day's reports and guest segments. When the need arises, the ability to line produce the show is desirable. This person will also work closely with Rights and Clearances, the Affiliate Desk and assignment desks.
• 8+ years of news production or related experience
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Experience in show production and script review
• Live line producing and experience handling breaking news, a proven ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Strong writing and production skills
• Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• Field producing experience strongly suggested
• Must be able work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8xnk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.