Seek truth. Break news. Hold the powerful accountable. That's the mission of CNN's investigative team. Our team tackles investigations into myriad topics of national interest, including criminal and social justice issues, the environment, health care, public and private corporations, border and immigration matters, and the entertainment industry.
We are a multi-platform unit that produces investigations for digital and broadcast. We tell original stories on important issues that have the potential to prompt change and right wrongs. Our stories are sometimes in-depth projects that are months in the making, and other times quick-turn investigations or enterprise pieces in the wake of breaking news events.
The right candidate for this job will be equally adept at covering high pressure, rapidly unfolding news events and diving into in-depth, complex investigations. We're looking for a reporter well-versed in public records and creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles.
The position requires an energetic, self-sufficient, multitasker who is eager to work collaboratively. This reporter should be skilled in developing strong story pitches and managing projects efficiently. Above all, the job requires a critical eye and uncompromising commitment to facts, fairness and integrity.
Our team is based in multiple cities. We prefer reporters to be located in our New York, Washington DC, Atlanta, or Los Angeles bureaus, but remote work may be possible for the right candidate.
• 8+ years of editorial experience, with a proven track record of investigative reporting
• Strong editorial judgment
• Strong research, interviewing and writing skills
• Preferred: beat expertise and experience with breaking news
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with social media
• Ability to work in fast, high-pressure environment
• Ability to travel
• Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• BA/BS in related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5v93-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.