What will you be doing?
Seek truth. Break news. Hold the powerful accountable. That's the mission of CNN's investigative team. We dig into topics of national interest, including criminal and social justice issues, the environment, health care, public and private corporations, government integrity, and border and immigration matters.
We produce investigations for digital and broadcast. We tell original stories that have helped prompt change and right wrongs. Our stories can be in-depth projects that take months to pursue, but they can also be quick-turn investigations or enterprise pieces that emerge from the news.
The right candidate for this job will be equally adept at covering rapidly unfolding news events and diving into complex investigations. For this role, we're seeking an experienced digital investigative reporter with a proven record of pitching, reporting and writing high-impact stories. Experience editing digital stories is a plus. This journalist should be well versed in how to develop sources, find and use public records and be creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles.
The position requires an energetic, self-sufficient multitasker who works collaboratively. Above all, the job requires a critical eye and uncompromising commitment to facts, fairness, and integrity.
We are eager to consider candidates from a wide range of backgrounds within news reporting.
Our team is based in multiple cities. We prefer reporters to be located in our New York, Washington DC or Atlanta bureaus, but remote work may be possible for the right candidate.
What do we need from you?
• The ability to find, report and write groundbreaking stories that advance the mission of our unit
• The skills and willingness to switch gears between high-adrenaline breaking news and long-term, in-depth pursuits
• Commitment to accuracy, fairness, and integrity above all else
• Ability to travel and manage time and resources wisely
• Flexibility and willingness to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Ability to distill complicated topics, develop sources and conduct successful interviews
• BA/BS in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years of editorial experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej505-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.