Fox TV Stations
CNN International seeks a Senior Writer.
Senior Writers are often the lead writers on their assigned shifts. They are expected to handle varied and complex story assignments. Senior Writers, as well as all CNNI writers, must have the ability to turn in accurate assigned scripts to Copy Editors according to network deadlines and style. A strong, conversational writing style is a requirement. Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude for the latest production technologies and techniques in enhancing scripts. Senior Writers are also frequently called upon to copy edit. Experience in this area is preferred. Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
• The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
• Applicants are required to have a minimum of 7 years' experience as a writer in broadcast (or other) journalism with demonstrated abilities beyond show writing, i.e. copy editing, show production, story production, long-form production.
• Working knowledge of international news is essential, and political news is preferred.
• The Senior Writer should have an ear to know what the anchor needs in scripts, and the flexibility to adapt.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool, and will also demonstrate leadership, effective communication skills and the desire to mentor aspiring journalists.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.