Senior Writer, CNN Business (Temporary)
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
CNN Business seeks a temporary Senior Economy Writer to cover economic reports and news two to three days a week. The Senior Economy Writer will report on economic policy, trends and data and how those factors impact individuals and businesses.
The focus of this beat will be on several key issues: jobs and the evolving labor market, inflation, interest rates, the impact of rising gas prices, the growing wealth gap and more.
We are looking for a strong storyteller, who knows how to dissect and interpret economic data and can connect the dots. The candidate should not only be a strong enterprise reporter, but also someone with a constant eye on breaking news and the ability to turn stories around quickly.
The temporary Senior Economy Writer will help drive the team's breaking news coverage, deepen its explanatory work and work with our graphics team to come up with innovative ways to visualize data and trends.
This role will report to the Managing Editor and Senior Economy Editor of CNN Business and will work with other editors and writers across CNN.
What are the essential elements of the role?
• Accuracy: The candidate must have strong reporting skills and previous experience covering the economy and parsing through government data. Clear and accurate storytelling will be a top priority.
• Execution: The ability to spot and write timely and smart news stories on the economy and work across teams.
• Passion for storytelling: A love for seeking out and shaping stories.
What we're looking for:
• At least 5-7 years reporting experience, with an emphasis on the economy.
• 5+ years reporting and writing in a deadline-driven newsroom
• Outstanding editorial judgment
• Ability to read economic reports fast and accurately
• An ability to deliver
on daily demands to stay sharp and fast on the news
• Strength in partnering across teams
• Top-notch reporting and writing skills
• Skilled at using data and analytics tools to make decisions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9111-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.