- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Senior Visual Editor (6 months contract)
• Identify and pitch visual and data story ideas
• Partner with other editors and reporters to brainstorm visual coverage ideas and find gaps in current story planning. Plan proactively for major events and identify strong visual opportunities
• Assign and edit work by visual reporters and designers
• Edit and help execute visually led stories for daily, long form, and breaking news as well as longer term projects, including maps, charts, infographics, animations, and mobile first interactives
• Collaborate with the Visual News team to refine standards and best practices for storytelling forms including data visualizations, interactives, photography, illustrations, and animations
What you'll bring
• You are enthusiastic about excellent visual and data driven journalism and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity
• You put the journalism first, have impeccable news judgment, and are always asking ''what's the best way to tell this story?''
• A reader-first perspective and strong commitment to multiplatform storytelling
• You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams
• You are an excellent communicator and feel as comfortable walking through a story pitch with editors as you do coaching a developer on an interactive interface.
At least five years' experience in a journalistic setting but likely more.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter. Please include three links to projects that you've edited or worked on recently.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zj2n-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.