Senior Software Developer, CNN+ Connected TV Devices (React Native)
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
CNN+ will launch in Q1 2022, bringing exciting new premium CNN streaming content directly to CNN superfans. The 10-foot viewing experience is a critical part of the CNN+ product offering.
As a Senior Software Developer, CNN+ Connected TV Devices, you will lead technical efforts to build out world-class connected TV streaming video applications across an ever-growing number of devices and platforms, in order to bring CNN+ to our users!
In this role, you'll make significant contributions to major features and product initiatives for our connected TV applications. Your main focus will be on shipping: everything from brand new features, to platform ports, to bug fixes. You'll work closely with other engineers, product, design, and research to plan out upcoming work, and deliver it in a consistent and predictable way. You'll also have the opportunity to learn from more experienced engineers, and take on more leadership responsibilities in this process over time. If you have strong technical and non-technical communication skills, experience in building consumer applications, and the ability to learn new technologies and development methods quickly, this role is a great opportunity to grow into a technical leader, while also delivering world class product experiences to our customers.
You'll be making significant individual contributions in this role, but this goes beyond just cranking out code to ship. You'll also help your team improve over time by contributing to high quality software engineering practices - continuous integration, effective test coverage, automated testing, positive and constructive code reviews, and low friction development environments. Finally, as a senior engineer, you'll model and evangelize a positive, inclusive, and constructive way of working for your team.
• Make significant, high quality code contributions to the project.
• Continually improve development processes through activities like adding test coverage, improving automation, documenting or refactoring code.
• Contribute to technical design and discovery activities within your team to support product roadmap definition.
• Significant Experience in building, testing, shipping, and maintaining consumer applications.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience in effectively communicating with both technical and non-technical job functions within an organization.
• Demonstrated success in working with a team to deliver high quality software in an iterative, predictable, and sustainable way.
The Nice To Haves
• Experience developing connected TV applications, especially using React Native
• Experience developing an application in a resource constrained environment (e.g limited GPU, CPU, Memory)
• Demonstrated success in evangelizing for high quality software development practices on a team - appropriate test coverage, automation, CI/CD, etc.
• Demonstrated success in rapidly learning new technologies, languages, or frameworks
• Experience with Typescript and/or C++
• Passionate about performance and creating amazing experiences for CNN+ users
WarnerMedia welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m6xm-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.