Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Row has been described as CNN's editorial gatekeeper. It's on the frontline of protecting CNN's brand and values, working with our reporters at home and abroad every day. The Senior Researcher is an essential link in the approval of scripts - checking their factual accuracy, looking for background information and context, with a particular focus on CNN's platforms.
• Checks all verifiable facts in reporter scripts and other content for the CNN Networks, CNN Digital, and CNN Newsource, including documentaries and some affiliate reports
• Lead a team of researchers responsible for managing daily requests including working closely with editors to expedite script and story approval.
• Works with reporters, producers and writers on complex and involved assignments.
• Responsible for story approval of select digital content including sensitive opinion pieces.
• Identifies network needs and spearheads initiatives to differentiate CNN's coverage.
• College degree and/or relevant journalism work experience
• 3+ years experiences editorial experience
• Prior experience in research or newsroom
• Field reporting or production experience desirable
• Strong experience using online sources for research is required
• Experience using online sources for research is required
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to find answers to very specific questions
• Passion about the news
• Ability to work in a fast pace 24/7 environment
• Position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72mpk-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.