London, United Kingdom
Create is the branded content studio for CNN International. We tell authentic stories that inspire and engage our audience. Through a data-informed process we deliver award-winning, relevant content to our audience of influential decision makers.
As part of the production management team, the Senior Production Manager will support the delivery of award-winning film and digital branded content for clients of CNN International globally, on budget and on time.
The Senior Production Manager's primary responsibility is to lead, manage and coordinate logistics, resourcing and administration for all filmed projects using production managers and coordinators at their disposal to support the Global Executive Producer and department as a whole.
Production management support
• Manage the CREATE production workload of film and digital video content projects from initiation to completion both independently and with the support of the Production Coordinator and freelance Production Managers where required to ensure delivery of projects on time and within budgets.
• Ensure that across the production management team the creation, development and administration of the following documentation, including but not limited to, is carried out to the requirements of the Global Executive Producer:
o call sheets
o risk assessments (covid protocol documents)
o national and international travel logistics
o visas and carnets
o child licensing agreements
o per diems/float/expense reconciliation
o talent contracts
o All other production documentation
• Manage the process for and fulfilment of logistical aspects of shoots, giving clear direction to Production Coordinator.
• Manage the process for and fulfilment of crew and talent bookings.
• Manage Third Party production companies for filming on the ground across the world.
• Manage the Covid protocols as part of the Create Risk Assessment process
• Manage the process for and fulfilment of internal/freelance resource bookings and the booking of external suppliers globally.
• Managing the process and fulfilment of, working with internal HR, procurement and Accounts Payable departments, new supplier setup and supplier payments.
• Guide the Production Coordinator and Project Managers in the process for and fulfilment of Purchase Order creation.
• Manage the process for and fulfilment of all departmental production related administrative needs.
• Work closely with Ops Lead and Project Managers to ensure all costs are monitored and updated within Workfront on a daily basis.
• Experience working at Production Manager or Senior PM level, within a creative environment
• Proven record of managing global shoots through time of Covid.
• Covid Supervisor experience.
• Proven experience managing and maintaining complex production budgets, schedules, systems and record-keeping, managing complex location production shoots in EMEA/internationally
• In depth Knowledge and demonstratable experience of production processes from inception to delivery, film production best practices, broadcast camera and editing equipment, production logistics, working with onset crews, understanding the needs of producers, directors and DPs, understanding kit costs and industry rates
• A strong interest in content production, specifically filmed content
• Ability to mentor and manage junior members of the production management team to fulfil their potential
What's on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve.
See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia here.