Beauty Editor, Women's Health
New York, NY
Senior Producer, Planning (CNN)
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to tell stories rooted in journalism and facts through the next generation of news and information experiences. This team is building the content that will be offered directly to consumers. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that will put CNN directly in the hands of consumers.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Producer, Planning for the DTC Content department.
The Senior Producer will work closely with CNN's emerging products team and create content for next-generation products. In this role, you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
This Senior Producer will manage a team dedicated to the programming and planning of innovative video concepts and original live programming. Strong editorial judgement, superior booking skills, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required. This individual should be a voracious consumer of news. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to pitch and develop content accordingly is necessary. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team's capabilities. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
• Oversee development and booking strategy of daily/weekly programming and special projects
• Coordinate the planning team's booking assignments to ensure they align with efforts across the network and organization
• Build relationships with internal and external newsmakers and their representatives
• Create and develop future planning strategy and editorial calendar
• Work closely with UX research teams to analyze data and make informed decisions
• Manage live productions and post-production project distribution
• College degree or equivalent
• 8+ years of news production and futures planning, or related experience
• 1-2 years directly or indirectly managing others
• Proven experience in live show production and booking
• Proven experience managing top talent, newsmakers, and their representatives
• Outstanding editorial judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and organization skills
• Extensive knowledge of digital media industry
• Proven ability to lead a team through change; works well under pressure
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmkp9-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.