Senior Producer, Longform (CNN+)
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Producer to help lead the team that will create premium longform content exclusively for CNN+. This is an ambitious and exciting new unit that requires strong leaders and creative storytellers who have experience producing feature content with a sharp focus on popular culture. The Senior Producer will support the Executive Producer and Supervising Producer on overall editorial management, and manage the wider team of producers and associate producers.
• The ideal candidate is a voracious lover of news, and has a strong story sense specifically in regards to popular culture. This individual has a passion for unearthing stories and topics that are provocative and buzzworthy.
• This Senior Producer will manage a revolving team of producers, associate producers, and production assistants dedicated to producing long form feature content for CNN+.
• This person should have an interest in leading and mentoring the next generation of dynamic journalists and producers.
• The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-based, breaking news environment and is capable of creating polished content and maintaining schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work.
• This position reports directly to the Executive Producer, and will partner with internal stakeholders across the organization.
• Senior Producers will work closely with Rights and Clearances and ensure all projects meet CNN editorial guidelines and Standards & Practices
• There will be light to moderate travel, as Senior Producers may be called on to provide oversight for shoots in the field.
• This candidate should have extensive script writing (and re-writing!) experience, and be capable of working closely with producers on their scripts and pitches.
• Years of long form and feature storytelling experience.
• Strong editorial judgement, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required.
• Extensive knowledge of the popular culture landscape, including the nuances of social issues.
• Ability to oversee multiple stories at a time.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8ow1-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.