WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Mobile iOS Engineer for the CNN News department.
• WarnerMedia seeks a CNN Digital Staff iOS Engineer for the CNN.com department. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming - and the directions it goes next - directly in the hands of consumers. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. Our team has a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community.
• Our future involves native applications across many ecosystems. We are alpha testing a delightful, interactive web application, and we are expanding the team to build an iOS application. You will write a mixture of Swift using UIKit and/or SwiftUI and maybe even a bit of React Native. You will modify existing features as well as ideate and create new features. You will touch the full stack - ranging from local data storage and caching to networking to event-driven UI programming. Overall, we will be flexible in our technology choices as we leverage internal libraries & services, open-source software, and cloud services.
• In other words, we prize the evaluation of tradeoffs in software engineering. We have fun with our autonomy but also humbled by it: balancing what our users are asking for, our current technical strengths, and what new technologies are emerging and where we want to grow as a team. We hold the ability to choose (or invent) the right tool for the job in high regard and consider it a critical part of our success.
• We work iteratively by synthesizing product, design, and research feedback. We have experience releasing real-time apps to large audiences and welcome your experience making this project a successful one. In this remote world, we deeply value your ability to work independently and allocate time sensibly while communicating with high emotional intelligence.
• We are enriched by the diversity of approach and perspective across our team, and are excited to deepen our understanding with your contributions. The opportunity to put an amazing consumer experience in the hands of a large audience motivates us to move quickly and put our best work forward. If this resonates with you, we look forward to meeting you!
• Experience building applications using the UIKit framework (SwiftUI familiarity is a plus).
• Experience using the Swift programming language (Objective-C experience is a plus).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• An ability to learn and apply new technologies to improve a product.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22j17-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.