WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Media Specialist for the Production Technology department. As a member of Production Services, you will have opportunities to grow your career and be a member of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN Worldwide, and contribute to its inclusive and successful work environment. The Image+Sound Senior Media Specialist is integral to the effective operation of CNN Worldwide. They are a multifaceted member of the team who will be agile to support the day to day operations within Production Technology. These operations focus on recording, ingesting and managing content for daily News and Post Production. They will step in and complete the workflows performed by the other teams when needed. One of the primary responsibilities of this position is troubleshooting issues and escalating as needed. The Senior Media Specialist is expected to know what the business priorities are and make decisions to support those priorities. With the nonstop news cycle the Senior Media Specialist will know the partners and workflows well and will escalate any personnel issues to their supervisor.
• Offers video production and editorial oversight by making decisions to meet business priorities.
• Provides appropriate solutions to daily production challenges, leadership, and direction to team members.
• Keeps up on the changes in technology and workflows.
• Guides the training of new and existing team members on processes and technology.
• Ensures that documentation is up to date for all incoming content and media management production processes.
• Steps in and performs the record, ingest and media management tasks when needed.
• Communicates professionally with partners to be proactive and addresses their concerns.
• Answers career questions and offers guidance when the supervisor is unavailable.
• Collaborates regularly with I+S Production Technology teams, engineering, and management.
• Works in a fast-paced 24/7/365 environment.
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
• Four (4) years of experience within news production or related field demonstrating frontline editorial decision making for content production or project management working with engineering.
• One (1) leadership experience within past role, or showcasing leadership aptitude via projects, company organizations or other teams.
• Proven communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to successfully work under deadline pressure and in a team effectively even with those you may not ever meet in person.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business.
• Command of the English language. Other language skills are also highly valued, especially Spanish.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a remote world via applications like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Webex.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook.
• Agility in work environment. The I+S Senior Media Specialist may at times work in an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company provided laptop. Image+Sound Senior Media Specialist follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkjqk-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.