- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
CNN is seeking an experienced digital editor to join its Asia-Pacific headquarters in Hong Kong to take a leading role in helping to shape the biggest and most important stories from across the region.
This is a role for an ambitious digital editor with outstanding news judgment, excellent communication skills, and a passion for breaking news and distinctive features.
Reporting to the Director of CNN Digital Worldwide for the Asia-Pacific region, you'll work as part of a diverse, highly-collaborative team of digital journalists, deftly coordinating daily news assignments to deliver smart, accessible stories for a growing cross-platform global audience.
You'll have proven high-level editing skills and the ability to distill complex ideas, bringing a deep understanding of international affairs, as well as an eye for emerging trends.
This is a newsroom leadership role that requires calmness under pressure. As Senior Editor you will help steer the agenda during major breaking news – from terror attacks to natural disasters – responding in real-time to unexpected developments and making decisive editorial decisions.
You will have a broad digital portfolio and will be expected to move between reactive and proactive depending on the situation, executing detailed digital coverage plans around major upcoming events; taking a lead in crafting innovative distinctive features; and communicating across teams on multi-region news and investigative projects.
Though the role is primarily focused on Asia-Pacific, you will be working as part of a global 24/7 digital leadership team, providing a key editorial link between CNN's US, Europe, Middle East and Africa operations, and deputizing for the regional Digital Director when needed.
You'll need to have:
• A minimum of 8 years of editing experience on leading digital publications
• A proven track record of editing major breaking news; superior news judgment; and the ability to deliver in a highly pressurized, deadline driven environment
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a demonstrable track record of executing detailed digital coverage plans
• Experience conceiving and producing long-form distinctive features and/or investigative works
• Experience in managing others, setting editorial priorities and coordinating between teams and across time zones
• Understanding of how to drive regional and global digital audience growth
• A passion for news and a deep knowledge of international affairs
• College degree or equivalent industry experience
• Perfect grasp of written and spoken English
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and a desire to foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b4k0-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.