Mexico City, Mexico
Purpose of the Role:
The Segment Producer for Conclusiones on CNN en Español is responsible for conceptualizing and creating editorially solid, unique & investigative multi-platform content that stands alone or lives within the content of a full-on show and other platforms. The producer will research and search for leads and write corresponding scripts that will serve as a scene setter for the program. This segment will serve as a lead-in that incorporates live guests to elaborate on the segment and/or topic. This person must have on-camera experience in order to introduce their piece live on-air as well editorial depth to have a chit chat with the program anchor about the piece and topic.
The Segment Producer for this show will keep a calendar a year in advance to encompass LATAM Elections, Anniversaries or Upcoming Events that require pursuit in the region. The segment producer will also help in developing coverage and content strategies accordingly for the network on a variety of news events including, but not limited to creation of polls for election coverages, screening exclusive videos and using new media elements and social media links to enhance content.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years production experience in the television news industry;
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish;
• Organic on-cam presence;
• Have a healthy roster of contacts;
• Research & Investigative Experience is a must;
• Prior experience with magazine format shows is strongly preferred;
• A good editorial nose with strong knowledge of Latam politics and social issues in the region.
• Must be flexible and able to work long hours under deadline pressures;
• Strong editorial, producing and writing skills;
• The candidate must be a creative thinker who, under deadline pressure and changing circumstances, can construct finely crafted segments - either packages or interviews;
• Ability to edit scripts, write, and edit tape material while editing powerful packages;
• Create graphics on Viz Pilot, Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Avid and Final Cut Pro, iNews, and Mediasource a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk8z2-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.