Digital Video Producer, Espanol
CNN's coverage of lifestyle, wellness, travel, style, space and science topics is found in our high-quality, cross-platform editorial offerings. We cover a broad range of topics from a global perspective, and content and product initiatives aimed toward a highly engaged, direct-to-consumer audience. We're searching for a Section Editor who can lead and contribute to this evolving journalist imperative.
The Features Section Editor is responsible for overseeing the commissioning, production and promotion of all day-to-day editorial output globally in these topic areas as well as writing and creating original content. This inspiring leader will manage writers, editors, freelancers and possible interns across the feature sections and new initiatives, and help form and maintain voice, outlook and editorial values, while simultaneously ensuring the team contributes to CNN Digital's overall audience and revenue goals. The editor will work closely with the Editorial Director of Features to shape the long-term vision of key topic areas and identify opportunities to advance the brand internationally. The editor will also energetically develop and nurture crucial relationships across departments, with a particular focus on Commerce, Product, Programming, Audience Development, Audio & PR. This position works in concert with Sales teams to create sponsorship and other business development opportunities while maintaining editorial independence and content that attracts audiences to CNN's digital platforms. This is a both a leadership role and a 'sleeve up' position - the person in this role will be in Stellar/CMS, in Zeta, commissioning, editing, writing, producing and programming.
• Partner with the Editorial Director of Features to create a vision and strategy for new content opportunities that embrace cross-section, cross-platform, new media storytelling, to convey powerful narratives as well as implement and maintain an effective product and content strategy.
• Leading on a range of stories that includes newsletters, domestic and international news, enterprise journalism, audio and video.
• Lead editorial pitch meetings and brainstorms.
• Identify and possibly commission a broad and diverse network of talent, including writers, experts, photographers, videographers.
• Monitor the success and failure of stories/products/videos/social initiatives and communicating learnings to the team regularly.
• Collaborate and consults with partners across CNN, external partnerships and key contributors; establishing strong relationships and regular communication with other editorial leaders.
• Create a structured process for editorial planning, approval and execution; create a workflow for all parts of the journalist process including assigning, writing, editing and publishing.
• Set the standard and guidelines for quality of daily coverage; develop plans and story budgets.
• Launch new series initiatives.
• Achieve established editorial goals and deadlines and mentor others to do the same.
• Teach writers how to reorganize and edit troubled stories.
• Lead a team; assign work; provide guidance; manage people; and recruit talent.
• Partner closely with the Commerce and Sales to execute on initiatives and sponsorships.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 6+ years' experience in digital content production with a focus on lifestyle and feature content.
• Experience in the oversight and management of individual contributors
• Demonstrated excellence in a media and/or news environment, as well as success in developing long form journalism and editorial products.
• In-depth knowledge of digital publishing, news industry and the competitive landscape, including competitive news sites, mobile, social media.
• Strong editorial judgment, writing and editing skills.
• Skilled at adapting to a changing environment and leading others through change.
• Ability to translate editorial strategy into daily results.
• Organized and effective communicator
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.